Police report DUI, drug charges
Police report on the following DUI and drug incidents:
• James Rabenold, 25, of Kunkletown, was arrested by state police at the Stroudsburg barracks for driving under the influence of a controlled substance after a two-vehicle crash at 4:55 a.m. Nov. 11 on Interstate 380 in Coolbaugh Township.
Police said he was taken into custody after the incident and transported to the Monroe County Correctional Facility in Snydersville, for processing. The charges are pending the results of blood tests administered to Rabenold, police said.
The driver of the other vehicle was uninjured, but a passenger sustained suspected minor injuries in the crash and was transported by the Pocono Mountain Regional EMS group to the St. Luke’s Hospital-Monroe, Stroudsburg.
• State police at Lehighton said a driver who struck a deer In East Penn Township showed signs of impairment.
Police said Matthew C. Henritzy, 24, of Palmerton, was driving the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado that struck the deer at 8:58 p.m. Nov. 2 on East Lizard Creek Road, East Penn Township.
He was uninjured but the truck had disabling damages.
Henritzy was taken into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, police said.
• Drugs and drug paraphernalia were uncovered in a search of a vehicle after state police at the Lehighton barracks made a traffic stop at 2:24 p.m. Nov. 14 at the intersection of Fireline and Forest Inn roads in Lower Towamensing Township.
Police said they stopped the 2014 GMC Sierra for a traffic violation and learned a passenger in the vehicle had active arrest warrants against him.
Police said a consensual search of the vehicle netter the contraband.
Police did not release the name of the suspect.
• At 1:22 p.m. Nov. 6 at 37 Washington St. when state police at Frackville saw Christopher Vrabel, 28, of Middleport, walking in Middleport Borough.
Due to prior knowledge of an arrest warrant for a probation violation, Vrabel was taken into custody.
A search incident to arrest revealed drugs and drug paraphernalia in Vrabel’s possession.
Vrabel was lodged in Schuylkill County Prison on the probation detainer and charged were filed with District Judge David A. Plachko of Port Carbon.
• State police at Lehighton said a traffic stop for a Motor Vehicle Code violation resulted in an arrest for drug possession at 11:08 a.m. Nov. 14.
Police said they stopped the 2008 Nissan Frontier at the intersection of Interchange and Burger Hollow roads in Polk Township. The trooper detected an odor of marijuana emanating from the vehicle. Police said a search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of marijuana from the vehicle. The suspect’s name was not released.
• State police at the Lehighton barracks said the driver of a 2003 Chevrolet that was stopped for a Motor Vehicle Code violation at 9:36 p.m. Nov. 13 along Lehigh Drive in Palmerton was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs and possession of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Police said the driver was transported to the St. Luke’s Hospital, Gnaden Huetten Campus, Lehighton, for a chemical blood test and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
Police said the charges will be filed in the office of Magisterial District Judge Casimir Kosciolek of Lansford, pending the results of the laboratory testing. Police did not release the suspect’s name.