Pleasant Valley names new elementary principal
On July 1 Roger Pomposello will take over as the new principal at Pleasant Valley Elementary School. Pomposello has been with the Pleasant Valley School District for 20 years. He started out teaching third grade and most recently he filled in as interim principal at the elementary school.
Pomposello will earn $95,000 per year in his new position.
Former Pleasant Valley Elementary Principal Erica Greer is still with the district and will complete a year’s sabbatical leave on June 18, after which she has been named a principal on special assignment.
According to Kenneth Newman, assistant to the superintendent in the Office of Curriculum and Instruction, Greer will have a number of duties, including:
• Assisting in seeking, writing and managing grant opportunities
• Assisting in the development and delivery of district leadership professional development activities during the 2018-19 school year
• Assisting with the completion of the overall professional development plan for the 2018-19 school year
• Assisting in the completion of the district comprehensive plan
• Complete other K-12 curriculum and or district leadership projects and duties as assigned
Greer will return at the rate she received before her leave.
The district currently has openings for a principal at the Intermediate School to replace Cassandra Herr who tendered her resignation last month. Two new positions of assistant principal are open at PVI and PVE which replace the position of dean of students. The new positions are full-time year long, while dean of students ran on the same schedule as a teacher.